Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's Content Management team is looking for a sharp & motivated engineering manager to lead our Content Management Tools team and help build the technology backbone of Hulu. We are responsible for the end-to-end technology needs, to acquire content from over 500 partners and to deliver the highest quality experience to millions of users.
You will have strong communication skills, both within engineering teams and partners across the business. Finally, you will be passionate about career development and have a consistent track record of attracting, hiring, and developing engineering talent!
What you'll do
• This is a hands-on development role. You’ll be leading by example by working closely with your team of engineers, designing solutions to onboarding diverse shapes and quality of content.
• Build a diverse & prolific software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement; to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
• Direct daily operations of the team - carrying out priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational efficiency metrics and ensuring problems are identified and solved quickly and efficiently
• Foster a culture that uses metrics to make informed decisions and guide change; balance architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues.
• Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to achieve functionality & evangelize your team’s work across all organizations at Hulu.
What to bring
• We use technologies like ReactJS, Java, Python, Node and native AWS resources such as DynamoDB, SQS, Elasticache, Elasticsearch etc.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Proven ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun
• 5+ years of software development experience; 3+ years leading engineering teams
• Sound understanding of core CS fundamentals, including OO programming, data structures and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search etc.)
• Exceptional understanding of front end technologies & what makes a great deployment pipeline
• Phenomenal communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development - a desire to relentlessly pursue better ways on how to tackle problems and improve systems!
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and business partners
• Strong proficiency in full stack development including Java and Python
• Background in streaming media platform development
• Wireframing, whiteboarding, and an eye for design
• Knowledge of Selenium testing - not towards writing tests, but to help direct the efforts
• Knack for designing Webpack'd deployments to the cloud (AWS)
• You can view this description as an overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionately about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, please apply. We want to hear from you.