Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Telemetry
Los Gatos, CA
About the team:
Core Data Platform is the server-side infrastructure team that develops, operates, and supports open-source data stores for applications and services at Netflix. Our team is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to help us develop the data storage features, tooling, and automation that will scale Netflix in its mission to entertain the world! As part of this team, you'll contribute to open source projects such as Cassandra, EVCache, and Dynomite and write complex automation to scale and support our deployments of those products.
Our team is passionate about distributed data systems technology. We are active in the open-source community, believe in operating what we own, and pride ourselves on operational excellence in support of Netflix's ever-growing data needs. We are a small team responsible for business-critical systems and are committed to a culture of feedback and engineering excellence.
For details on our recent work, see some of our talks from ApacheCon and QConSF, 2019:
• Anti-Entropy Using CRDTs on HA Data Stores @Netflix
• Building and Running Cloud Native Cassandra
• How Netflix manages petabyte scale Apache Cassandra in the cloud
• How Netflix Debugs and Fixes Apache Cassandra… when it breaks
• More at our CDE Channel
If you can...
• Address complex problems at both an application and system level
• Collaborate effectively with teammates, technical partners, and the open-source community
If you have...
• 5+ years of relevant software development experience
• Experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
• Exceptional proficiency in Java
• Experience with open-source software development
• Experience with Cassandra or CockroachDB
If you practice...
• Rigorous design and code reviews
• Refactoring and applying software design patterns to improve and optimize code
• Commitment to high quality, maintainable software
• End to end ownership of software you build
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site