Engineering Manager, Systems
Los Angeles, CA US
The Corporate Systems & Services (CSS) team at Netflix is focused on improving the employee experience, collaboration, and productivity of our global employees and support teams. We provide a wide portfolio of enterprise systems and software as a service (SaaS) from Active Directory and G Suite to Zendesk and Slack. As a centralized engineering team responsible for helping Netflix employees with how they work, we aim to remove friction, simplify workflows, automate, and provide technical solutions so they can focus on bringing engaging stories to our members all over the world.
We are looking for a senior software engineer experienced with supporting and deploying Zendesk. As Netflix evolves, so has our demand for a centralized platform to support our internal teams and external users. You will work closely with our program managers, third party vendors, and business stakeholders across all of Netflix to deploy Zendesk to meet their immediate needs and solve their long term goals. In addition to deployment, you will develop and automate workflows utilizing APIs and middleware to enhance the interoperability of Zendesk by integrating different SaaS applications.
Ever deploy Zendesk to tens of thousands of employees? Or have you set up Zendesk to integrate with Workday, G Suite, Jira or other Zendesk instances before? What about creating Slack bots, are you familiar with those? We'd love to meet you.
• Be the technical engineering lead of our Zendesk instances and any new deployments
• Implement, automate, and configure integration of Zendesk to a variety of SaaS applications such as Workday, G Suite, Service-Now, Slack, and Atlassian (Third party integrations)
• Automate manual workflows and redundant processes
• Develop API integrations with other platforms and Web Services
• Develop, deploy and test solutions including integrations and cross functional workflows
• Partner with internal business units to understand and develop complex solutions to meet company needs
• Fully document engineered solutions and workflows
Desired skills and background:
• Passionate about problem solving and automation
• Experiencing managing enterprise ticketing systems at scale
• Familiar with enterprise SaaS applications
• Experiencing working with Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of best practices around data and engineering security
• Application Development knowledge (REST/JSON)
• Experience with SSO integration (Ping) and OAuth flows
• Ability to troubleshoot HTTP requests. Setup HTTP headers, URL parameters, Post key-values or text
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site