Full Time Job
Global Technical Research Manager
- Full Time
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of US and international households, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issue reports from subscribers around the world every day. The Technical Research Group is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As the Global Technical Research Manager you are responsible for managing multiple teams of Technical Research Analysts (TRA) in Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, and Manila. You will work out of our Salt Lake City, Utah office and report to the Customer Service (CS) Director of Technical Escalations in Los Gatos, CA. You will be responsible for ensuring that the TRA team is successful in achieving their primary goal: driving improvements in the Netflix product and CS platform through investigation of escalated Netflix issues. You will also be the leader of the Netflix office in Salt Lake City, helping to coordinate the other teams with a Salt Lake City presence and representing the office with senior CS leadership.
What will you be doing?
• Living the Netflix Culture and ensuring it is represented within the teams and the Salt Lake City office.
• Managing the leaders of our 3 Technical Research Analyst teams.
• Providing indirect leadership to the leaders in the office who do not report directly to you.
• Building the strongest possible technical research organization through hiring, coaching, development, performance management, discipline, and terminations.
• Building a high performance team culture that supports the team's primary objectives.
• Setting the strategy of the organization and working with your leadership team to execute that strategy.
• Analyzing a variety of data sources to develop and manage KPIs relevant to your team's mission.
• Lead your team to drive resolution of issues that affect both internal and external customers, reducing any downtime for our product or internal tools.
• Identifying knowledge and skill gaps or opportunities within the team, and partnering with cross-functional groups to improve.
• Driving end-to-end efficiency within our escalation flow while avoiding unnecessary processes.
• Creating consistency in the team's execution by setting clear direction and expectations.
• Partnering closely with Customer Service and Reliability Engineering teams in Los Gatos, CA and around the world.
Who are you?
• You are a highly experienced leader of leaders, with proven success in the role.
• You have experience leading technical support, escalations, or other technically focused support teams.
• You are an innovator who has a proven track record of implementing fresh ideas into established models.
• You have proven to be a strong and consistent performer in a culture of autonomy.
• You have proven mentorship skills, with demonstrated ability to listen, identify root cause, creatively problem-solve, and drive impact to individual and team performance.
• You are motivated to be a consistent high performer by taking initiative to uncover areas of opportunity and identifying innovative ways to improve overall team performance.
• You are a disruptor of established ideas who can plan, communicate and execute your own vision for the team in an environment of rapid change.
What do you know?
• You have strong technical skills and a background in troubleshooting, home networking, electronic content delivery, or a related technical discipline.
• You know how to acquire and develop skill sets that are not typically found in support roles, but lend well to creating an excellent technical agent experience.
• You have experience analyzing and interpreting complex data as it relates to escalation functions and customer facing trends.
Netflix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site