Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
Disney Streaming Services seeks an experienced and committed product manager to join the product team where we strive to connect our subscribers directly to the content they love in convenient and innovative ways.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will devote your time to driving product innovation for the Disney+ and ESPN+ products with a focus on improving the overall in-product experience, increasing user engagement and determining new and exciting ways to elevate the VOD and live video experience. You will use your product management experience to continually propel roadmap initiatives forward by working with stakeholders across the Disney Streaming Services organization.
• Research, analyze and document complex product issues and develop creative solutions that achieve predetermined product goals, while also balancing resource utilization across all teams.
• Work closely with senior leadership to develop a strategy for executing on roadmap items relating to Engagement and Technical / Quality of Service.
• Lead execution on roadmap initiatives and ensure timely execution by all teams involved to ensure progress continues from idea to production launch.
• Routinely check-in with your product counterparts across all business segments to bring attention and provide clarity to work that impacts our roadmap.
• Continually analyze and interpret customer surveys, usage analytics and other valuable data points to help prioritize roadmap items.
• You have 5+ years of experience working with digital products and digital media.
• You illustrate a strong understanding of the business of product management - process, how you think strategically, how you execute, and how you interact with other teams.
• You have a technical background in digital media and can comfortably understand and absorb new technical documentation when provided.
• You are a strong and adaptable communicator with the ability to document in a way that is clear, concise and allows little room for misinterpretation.
• You create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
• You avoid knowledge silos and instead strive to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
• You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.