Associate Marketing Manager, Acquisition
New York, NY US
Does the challenge of optimizing the revenue potential of one of the largest media organizations in the world excite you? Do you possess the self-confidence to make hard decisions? If so, please consider applying for the Analyst position in CBS Interactive's Yield Management group. The goal of the Yield group is simple: grow revenue not simply by selling more, but rather by selling more efficiently. The Yield Team reports into the SVP of Sales Strategy & Planning.
Yield brings analyses and insights to people at all levels of the CBS Interactive organization, but its core responsibilities revolve around how inventory is measured, packaged, and priced. The Yield team helps the sales team shape individual proposals and keeps track of how those proposals collectively consume inventory. Every month this translates into an inventory puzzle with billions of individual pieces, and by guiding how these pieces are assembled, the Yield team contributes to the overall revenue growth of CBS Interactive.
To the applicant, the role offers the following: The Yield Analyst works with a diverse group within the company and has the opportunity to work on projects that cross departments and functions. Yield Analysts are relied on as subject matter experts, and contribute to projects with significant visibility
• Help shape sales proposals by providing input on product mix, inventory availability, and pricing.
• Provide ad hoc reporting to senior management. This involves writing SQL queries for large data sets to identify business critical KPIs and building reports and dashboards directly from the data warehouse.
• Work with client services, integrated marketing, and ad operations to inform product strategy.
• Monitor and optimize active campaigns.
• Partner with FP&A & business intelligence teams on revenue forecasting and budgeting.
• Streamline business processes to mitigate problems that lead to revenue losses.
• Develop go-to-market pricing and inventory strategy for tentpoles such as March Madness, CES, Grammy's, E3, All Access Originals and many others.
• Stay informed of marketplace trends (streaming, DTC, measurement, CCPA) and apply learnings to strategy for emerging lines of business
• Involvement in CBSi's DTC products - All Access, CBSN, Sports HQ, and ETLive
Key Projects (will vary):
• Develop new and effective ways to monitor and report on highly complex digital media inventory.
• Test and implement creative strategies to optimize the performance of client-specific campaigns.
• Dive deep into our data to discover potential revenue opportunities, diagnose revenue-impacting issues and provide recommendations to senior leaders.
• Partner with teams across the company to provide analysis that will impact the way our key brands look, function, and generate revenue.
• Build, maintain and enhance our ad sales financial models as our business evolves.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BS/BA degree in a quantitative/ problem solving field (or equivalent training and experience)
• 2+ years related work experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered.
• Strong Excel/Google Sheets & PowerPoint/Google Slides skills
• The ability to collaborate effectively within the Yield Team as well as engage seamlessly with stakeholders across all of CBS Interactive is essential to success
• Candidates should display both a natural curiosity and a talent for finding the signal through the noise
You might also have -
• SQL experience
• Experience with DoubleClick/GAM, YieldEx, Operative, Omniture, Google Analytics, Freewheel, Data Studio, Tableau, Nielsen, Comscore