Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a Short Form Video Producer to join our video organization in Los Angeles, CA. The Short Form Video Producer will work to support BuzzFeed across platforms and brands. The chosen candidate will report to the Supervising Producer and team to execute on short form original videos for Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. They will thrive in an autonomous work environment and be able to juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for a Digital native producer who understands producing, directing and editing for the internet. BuzzFeed is a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that requires a flexible, creative and collaborative work ethic.
• Produce creative, low-cost, quick turn-around videos for Facebook and Instagram
• Pitch and execute viral formats
• Track video performance data
• Implement feedback from the Supervising Producers in a timely manner
• Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
• Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
• Work with the Publishing and Content Analytics teams to grow channels
• Ideate, pitch and execute both assigned and original videos
• At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
• Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
• Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
• Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Ability to work independently and under close direction
• Must have experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook or Instagram within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
• Attach a resume.
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've produced.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.