Steadicam / Jib Operator
WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Steadicam/Jib operator to work in a dynamic broadcast environment. The successful candidate will be able to listen to director's commands and react swiftly and accurately. Responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots. Be able to make smooth on-air moves.
You must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing collaborative environment with constant deadline pressure.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news. • Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including set up and maintaining of vests and jib. May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
• Other engineering experience a plus in areas of audio, robotic camera.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team. Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Five years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) required. • Experience running professional vest managed steadicam and jib cameras, a 40 pound weight minimum is a consideration for this role - Must be able to lift, carry, and move with a minimum of 40lbs
• You must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. • This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical. • Experience running professional video cameras (studio or robotic) required. • Ross Cambotics camera experience preferred.
• A flexible work schedule is required, including early mornings, nights and weekends to meet the 24/7 operational needs • Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. • Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude. • Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
The WGN-TV facility originates WGN-TV/Channel 9 as well as two national networks. This position will require shift work which includes nights, weekends and holidays, along with overtime as situations demand.
This position is a PER DIEM position which will require membership in IBEW.
WGN-TV is located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site