Principle Pen Tester - Red Team
Remote / Virtual
The Production Tech requires a strong level of understanding as it pertains to technology and practices necessary to perform support and maintenance, of broadcast and IT equipment in our post-production environment. Support requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/ data centers)
• Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, server-based playback, etc.)
An in-depth knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure. Turner BEST teams operate within an, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required, including documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s). Our Engineers collaborate with team members, clients and other support groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments. We expect our BIT Engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service.
*We operate in a Sunday through Saturday production environment. Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
• Commission, maintain and troubleshoot all components of HBO's Post-Production virtual and physical infrastructure.
• Tier 2 incident management for all HBO post-production systems, demonstrating reasonable judgement to know what action to take and when to take it.
• Collaborate with colleagues in completing project tasks.
• Work independently, with little supervision, on assigned projects.
• Think critically and creatively to solve media and infrastructure problems.
• Create and maintain internal technical documentation and articles hosted on internal Confluence based on issues reported.
• Ensure sufficient inventory of parts and technology supplies, working with procurement and asset management teams to order and track inventory.
• Represent the company in dynamic, multi-cultural environments and effectively interface with demanding broadcast personnel (e.g., on-air talent, producers) in a professional manner.
• Minimum 2yr technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Typically, 6 or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level.
• Task automation using complex scripting languages (PowerShell required)
• Relational databases (SQL required)
• Image management (JAMF, WSUS, MDT)
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Editorial & Graphics software (Davinci Resolve, Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, Cinema 4D, AutoDesk)
• Windows, Mac OS and Linux Operating Systems
• Network routing and subnetting
• Full suite of VMWare software (ESXi, vCenter, Horizon, UEM/DEM and UAG)
• Working knowledge
• Production Asset Management (Avid Interplay, Archive and Avid Web Services)
• Post-production storage using Avid NEXIS, Oracle ZFS, Spectralogic Black Pearl and PURE Flash storage
• Encoding applications (Content Agent & ColorFront)
• Video formats, codecs, baseband routing, SDVN SMPTE standards 2110 & NMOS
• Remote collaboration technologies, such as PCOIP and SRT
• Video formats, codecs, baseband routing, SDVN SMPTE standards for 2110 & NMOS
• Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CAD and Visio is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and adeptness at building relationships with all technical and operational areas across HBO.
• Demonstrates experience with television or multimedia production workflows.
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience working on technology and/or process design/re-engineering projects.
• Ability to work all shifts associated with production environments.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
• Demonstrated competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts, and are the organization's most versatile, deployable resources.
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving technical problems and being able work independently and autonomously in a team-based environment is a must
• Ability to manage workload with minimal assistance from management.
The Nice To Have's
• AWS and/or Microsoft Azure Systems Administrator or Practitioner
• Back End Coding (Java, Python, Ruby)
Technologies, We Use
• Microsoft SQL, JAMF, WSUS, MDT, Microsoft Active Directory
• Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, AutoDesk
• Avid Interplay, Avid Archive, DIVA, Content Agent, Colorfront
• Evertz SDVN, Black Box
• Avid Nexis, Pure Storage, SpectraLogic, Oracle ZFS, Open Drive
• VMWare (full suite)
• Amazon WebServices (AWS), Microsoft Azure