Director, User Experience & Design
Universal City, CA
We are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to join our User Experience Design team, responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking user experiences across our platforms, products and services. As UX/UI Designer you will work on a variety of projects, platforms and collaborate with fellow members of the Product and Engineering Teams to conceptualize, design, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products.
We are a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning video streaming and show-centric apps for superfans. What makes us unique is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
• Create industry leading digital experiences across multiple platforms (web, mobile & connected devices).
• Work with Product Managers, Developers and Engineers to define/deliver product experiences.
• Work with the UX team to deliver user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.
• Contribute to projects and implement entire user experience on assigned digital products; Balance complex project plans with multiple work streams and dependencies for the product lifecycle
• Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences
• Participate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.
• Ensure quality of experience achieves our UX standards, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
• Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
• Contribute to testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV Testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.
• Guide, maintain and communicate UX|UI consistency of experience across all platforms.
• Inspire new ideas to the team through expert-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary mobile and multi-platform products.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
• Experience developing mobile/multi platform & platform agnostic product interfaces.
• BA Degree or higher in Interactive Design, User Interface or User Centric Design.
• Working knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop & Adobe CS required.
• Minimum 2 years of hands on experience working on web and mobile web platforms
• Knowledge of mobile and connected device platforms (iOS, Android, TVOS, Roku, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is a plus.
• Motion design, interaction design, or advanced prototyping experience a plus
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Hands on team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously of medium to high complexity.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to create detailed designs, annotations, working prototypes and presentations.
• Exceptional eye for detail and an in depth understanding of our users' needs and expectations.
• Core understanding of User Experience principles and best practices of human interface design.
• High degree of creativity, user experience, interaction design and problem solving abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills: communicate ideas through information & presentations.
• Confidence working on complex mobile/web applications with consumer focused product UX.
• Experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing is a plus.
• Drive to deliver compelling, best in class experiences for consumers and proven track record working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUS.
• A portfolio showcasing broad range of UX/UI and IXD are a MUST.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site