Senior Software Engineer, Apple Platforms
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a person who can take products from ideation to reality? We are looking for a candidate that has front-end development experience developing responsive sites, apps and various digital solutions; independently and in partnership with tech teams and agencies.
The team executes complex projects in-house and help support the increased need for online systems & applications. We help evolve the digital products/experiences produced by ViacomCBS Creative & Strategy as well as develop junior tech/dev talent and strengthen relations with our Internal Tech teams. We collaborate with designers and web developers to help turn flat designs into various digital deliverables (landing pages, emails, websites, banners and apps).
This role blends technology, development, production and design while adhering to internal operational standards. It is a hands-on position focusing on digital processes, technology, research and the execution of digital products. You will be immersed in a variety of digital projects that include: re-skinning pre-existing sites, developing digital experiences and products, performing Quality Assurance testing, prioritizing features, spec'ing out requirements, helping envision UX designs and flows, and evaluating vendor technologies.
You will work with the Director of Production Operations and partner with Project Management, Creative and Video to evaluate creative briefs, plan, estimate, and manage workflows and budget on multiple simultaneous projects to achieve business objectives. In addition, you will maintain an understanding of all digital projects in flight; establish and maintain standards for communicating status to key stakeholders.
Additionally, the role will support & manage day-to-day execution of projects within the creative, video and production ops teams with a focus on digital research and development to support various company campaigns and events. Ultimately, strengthening and refocusing the digital area on hands-on development and research. You will also facilitate a more efficient integrated production workflow, strengthen the digital production area and help expand the digital strategy, research and the development of products.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Partnering with team members with specialized skills in various digital product development internally or externally to support company campaigns
• Ability to reskin, manage and develop the front-end and back-end of Wordpress sites. Create visual interaction designs and assist in hosting recommendations and backing up sites
• Build banner ads, emails, gifs, update web content and thorough understanding of graphic and functional aspects of web design and ability to execute
• Participate in new platform and software implementations and research projects
• Partner with design to implement their layouts, give feedback on scope of project, and make site recommendations
• Provide digital production support to digital creative team
• Support DAM (Digital Asset Management) systems and workflows
• Manage multiple projects with short/ changing deadlines and the ability to prioritize work with proven time management skills
• Partner with Tech and Production to help troubleshoot technical issues associated with digital products, platforms and deliverables
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Web Development, Digital Media, Tech experience
• 5+ years of digital development experience as a creative technologist/developer, UX or equivalent who has been involved in the creative process
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Advanced Dreamweaver and Sublime Text knowledge
• Experience working with interactive content creation applications
• Familiar with ESP services such as Mailchimp and Constant Contact
• Collaborate closely within the Production ops, project managers and project partners in order to ensure project goals are met and all assets are delivered on time
• Capable of assessing project requirements, end user/audience for each project and provide solutions and products
• Knowledge of typography, color, usability, layout, production and other design principles a plus
• Must have good communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team-player, and accept creative suggestions openly
• Experience with APIs, their functionalities and integration capabilities.
• Understanding of the mobile space and any specific development platform knowledge is a plus
• Solid understanding of QA processes for various browsers, platforms, and devices
• Ability to multitask and keep on top of timelines and launch dates
• Able to work flexible hours and to remain calm under pressure and rapidly shifting deadlines
• High EQ
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site