Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Manager, Data Product Management who will be an exceptional addition to our growing product team. This roll will lead and strengthen a team of skilled data product managers, responsible for delivering data products and solutions for Hulu's needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced data product and career manager, capable of building skilled and engaged teams, having handled several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. Candidate is capable of constructing and executing sophisticated, interlocking product solutions, and have demonstrated proficiencies in working both inside and outside the organization to deliver results for viewers, partners, and internal teams. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver who looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you love data and creating products and capabilities to redefine data and how it is utilized, this is a phenomenal role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Defines the vision, tenets, principles, and high-level priorities for large, sophisticated marketing data product workstreams (e.g. acquisition, E&R, and subscription data strategy). In many cases drives requirements across other product manager domains.
• Manage, build, strengthen, and grow the data product team. Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
• Establish strong relationships in engineering, product, and business teams across Hulu while combining the voice and needs of the users and requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans
• Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain and frequency – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
• Ensure products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy
• Be able to clearly articulate vision, important metrics, opportunities and challenges, and show how their team's work prioritization aligns with those goals and that of the broader data team
• Partner with analysts, data science, data engineering, UX and program management teams to build requirements, develop, test and deliver high-quality products and features that meet end-users' and internal business' needs
• Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end-user education, rollout, iteration and support
• Be responsible for the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization!
WHAT TO BRING
• Minimum of 5+ years in product management and 2+years of managing and developing a team.
• Developing leadership skills and ability to build and develop successful product teams
• Successful track record of building full-scale data solutions
• Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
• Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
• Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver.
• Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague. C-Suite/Board communication skills.
• Marketing technology background and some experience supporting Marketing Analytics functions
• Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent.
• Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
• Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
• Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
• Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
• Experience or knowledge of basic programming and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata)
• Management or Strategy consulting background
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site