Animation - Art Director
Modelers are depended upon to create complex models of the highest quality, including characters, environments, and props in a variety of styles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design fundamentals/principles.
- Prepare and install technically clean models for production.
- Demonstrate versatility in their ability to create a wide range of models, from hard-surfaced to organic shapes.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic Unix commands/navigation, and be adaptable to new software and techniques.
- Create models that align with artistic design/style of film; interpret art reference/art direction.
- Troubleshoot technical and creative problems, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in various modeling approaches and apply tools effectively and creatively to models.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of common design components that make aesthetically pleasing models, i.e. balance, composition, shape , rhythm, etc.
- Strong knowledge in 3D modeling software, such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, etc.
- Experience in modeling characters and environments.
- Understands technical requirements of models for pipeline use.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume.
- 2+ years of industry related experience.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site