Warner Music Group
Nashville, TN US
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
o Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
o Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
o Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
o Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
• Job Description
High Level Job Description:
Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise and tour statements on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise, and tour statements in accordance with financial terms detailed in the contract
• Read contract briefs and understand key contract terms to facilitate accurate reporting
• Prepare, analyze, and review supporting data
• Communicate with various label departments to research matters as required
• Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting close process as it relates to participation reporting, including, but not limited to, updating schedules, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining documentation
• Prepare cash flow reports
• Document procedures performed
• Maintain real time schedules of statement status
• Learn operational and accounting systems and the related flow of data through the systems
• General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed in communicating with various departments
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields
• 0 to 2 years' experience working in related capacity
• SAP experience is a plus
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience a plus
• Participations and/or Royalties experience a plus