Client Publishing Manager
Simon & Schuster
Cammeray, NSW AU
Welcome to Simon & Schuster: one of Australia's fastest growing book publishers and part of the ViacomCBS global family of entertainment brands. We now have a new opportunity for a passionate reader with excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and an eye for detail for the position of Editor based in Sydney.
This role provides editorial support to a dynamic local publishing department. The Editor will be involved in all stages of the publishing process, project managing books, copy-editing, proofreading and management of page proofs, and providing final files to production for a wide range of adult titles.
The key responsibilities of the role includes:
• Project managing publishing projects through the various editorial stages of a book's production.
• Maintaining title data in bibliographic systems and update data throughout the publishing process.
• Clearing copyrighted text, photos and illustrative material.
• Reading and reporting on manuscripts, proposals and books submitted for publication.
• Providing general administrative support for the department.
Key skills & experience will include:
• Minimum of 3 years' book publishing experience as an editor
• Experience in copyediting and proofreading a range of titles.
• An eye for detail and a thorough knowledge of spelling and grammar is essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a desire and ability to work collaboratively and enthusiastically in a creative environment.
• The ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• The ability to liaise directly with authors to resolve proofreading queries and style/consistency matters.
• The ability to facilitate communication between the author and other departments, and to proofread material for sales, marketing and publicity departments as required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in a wide variety of genres.
• Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and databases.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and global organisation and supercharge your career in publishing. To apply, please send your CV to use as soon as possible, applications are being reviewed immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site