Director - Content Platforms
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu’s Web team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Web engineering team. As a Technical Program Manager at Hulu, you will partner with Product Management to understand business and product needs, translate those needs to engineering requirements, and collaborate with all impacted teams and external partners to ensure a successful launch of the product or feature. The right person for this role is proficient in both technology and the language of product, marketing, and advertising. You will need to move and adapt quickly as needs change. You are encouraged to always maintain a pulse on development progress and manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project so that deadlines are met with excellent products and happy team members. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful and complex problems, and constantly seeks out new challenges, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Own execution roadmaps for upcoming web features and products, driving roadmap, specifications, and delivery
• Collaborate with product managers and engineers on the Hulu experience Roadmap and identify the necessary Web investments to support this roadmap
• Partner with engineering, product and design to translate specifications to requirements to comprehensive execution plans
• Partner with marketing to drive evolutions to our non-subscriber experiences, focusing on data, experimentation, and quick iteration
• Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release iterative products
• Own the Scrum/Agile process for the Web team- including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and backlog grooming
• Work with multiple engineering teams to track progress for large initiatives related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all partners
• Understand the fundamentals of Hulu’s business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delay in discussions among interested parties
• Work with program and product leads to author detailed reports for program status, schedules, task assignments, risks
• Investigate, track and resolve open issues for any given project through clear communication with a wide array of partners
• Participate in and lead investigations to understand, mitigate, and prevent quality issues
• Identify inefficiencies in the processes, and drive better, more efficient processes where needed for projects to be delivered effectively and on time.
WHAT TO BRING
• 5+ years of experience in software program management
• Experience in shipping multiple features or products simultaneously
• Experience in Agile software development
• Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
• Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
• Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with web technologies, such as web caching strategies and content management systems.
• Familiarity and understanding of API contracts and experience driving alignment between producers and consumers.