Software Development Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Seattle, WA US
Do you get excited about defining the future? Are you interested in helping a successful and profitable broadcast media company transform the digital age? Do you dream about code every night? If so, we'd love to talk to you about joining Sinclair Broadcast Group's Labs team. We're looking for a top-notch Sr. Software Developer who loves building out POCs to prove out ideas and exploratory coding.
At Sinclair Digital we are transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks.
Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to the web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Investigate what will enjoy audiences and producers by investing in different approaches to content management and delivery with live audiences
• Design, develop, and maintain client-side app code and server-side microservices that support the mission
• Actively engage in all phases of design, development, quality assurance, defect resolution, and live-site troubleshooting
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 5+ years of experience in full stack software development
• Strong problem-solving skills
• An open mind and ability to conceptualize new ideas
• Cloud Technologies and Infrastructure (AWS, EC2, Neptune, EMR)
• Experienced integrating third party systems or services
• High Availability System Architecture
• Ability to work with new and exciting technologies
• Docker or Kubernates
• Machine Learning (AI, NLP, PyTorch)
• Digital Media and streaming video technology (HLS, DASH, Baseband Ingest)
• Big Data, digital processing pipelines and Data Analytics
• Kafka, Java
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site