Burbank, CA US
Our team is responsible for the creation and management of unique marketing concepts and executions to help promote ViacomCBS Television's programming, tentpole events, the CBS APP, CBS.com, and our premiere streaming service: CBS All Access. We directly support the Marketing, Network, and Executive teams to execute their market vision.
The individual hired for this role will report to the Creative Director, Display Marketing at ViacomCBS Digital Entertainment's premiere design studio in Burbank, California. Assets to be produced include but are not limited to key art, display ads, general marketing materials, promos, and social media designs. These will include both paid & organic static social media units on CBS ALL ACCESS brand handle as well as specific show brand handles on various social media platforms, including the following: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SnapChat, Pinterest, TikTok, and any other social media site as required. In addition, assets produced may also include props for social videos. He/she will work in collaboration with other designers and stakeholders in order to hit specific benchmarks throughout the year.
Please note: Our company is in strict compliance with the State of California with regard to working situations during this pandemic. Until further notice, this will be a remote working position for the foreseeable future.
• Attend Creative Kick-offs with Design Manager or Creative Director for various projects
• Meet Daily with Creative Director and Managers to review current hot list
• Concept and create dynamic, cutting-edge entertainment advertising, to include all matter of digital display ads, key art, creative ads and digital social media marketing.
• Familiarize yourself with current entertainment industry marketing trends, including, but not limited to how it relates to social media for TV and digital streaming services.
• Constantly challenge yourself to learn new methodology, tips, tricks, and best practices in everything from photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production.
• Be able to maintain consistency in developing digital marketing and social campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines.
• Social Media Projects: Collaborate in person with Social Managers and Producers throughout the course of every social media design project - brainstorming, offering suggestions and/or solutions, shifting gears and direction as needed to create the best social media marketing solutions possible.
• Communicate with fellow designers and creative leads to flag problems and be proactive in every aspect of your work to ensure that deadlines are regularly met and problems are solved before they become blockers to on-time delivery.
• Top level digital assets to be produced include but are not limited to various forms of digital advertising across platforms, in addition to social media marketing projects, key art, full digital campaigns, presentations, print, press kits, outdoor advertising, display ads and general marketing materials.
• NFL ON CBS is now streaming on CBS All Access, along with SEC Football, NCAA Basketball, National Women's Soccer League and Pro Golf.
• CBS All Access exclusive Originals like Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight, and The Twilight Zone.
• Long-running Primetime ratings grabbers including Bull, NCIS, and Survivor
• Fresh CBS Network hits like FBI, Young Sheldon, The Neighborhood and All Rise.
• The best Late Night TV featuring The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden
• Incredible LIVE Specials like The Grammys, The Tonys and ACM Awards
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 4+ years of Entertainment Advertising experience with an emphasis in concept, design, photo illustration & manipulation, and social media marketing.
• Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing cutting edge key art, social media marketing and graphic design.
• Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines, with a social media focus.
• Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV marketing, advertising and programming trends.
• Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with photo manipulation / comping / masking experience, and proficiency in Adobe's Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator knowledge required, and After Effects a plus). Retouching and color adjusting knowledge / experience is imperative.
• Understanding of how to ideate, create, and produce top-level cinemagraphs.
• The attitude to be an all-around team player, knowing that you'll go above and beyond the call of duty whenever necessary.
• The willingness to learn and use internal processes, including formatting, file naming, and archiving.
You might also have -
• An interest in pop culture and understanding about the current trajectory of new media.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail.
• You must be able to work both independently and with a team. You can proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders when necessary, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.