Senior Software Engineer - Content Data Science Products
Los Angeles, CA US
Netflix has entered a completely new phase of its evolution. We are combining the worlds of technology and entertainment, with 180+ million global members and over 1000 original shows and films from around the world. We face the dual challenge of successfully launching more shows than any studio in history, and doing so in a personalized manner to the largest audience (current + future members).
Our data-driven culture allows us to innovate to provide the best catalog offering for our members to maximize their satisfaction and drive acquisition.
The Content Programming and Valuation Data Science and Engineering (''DSE'') team is at the forefront of advancing analytic methods and products to improve programming - what content to add to the Netflix catalog and how to allocate budget to buy that content. In close collaboration with business and content leaders, the team is working to revolutionize how we use data to inform and aid strategic business decisions in content prioritization, portfolio optimization, and value measurement. We drive considerable business impact through strong partnerships and relentless commitment to practical methodological innovation and application. Example areas include catalog demand attribution and scoring, incremental value measurement, substitution analysis, and member and non-member preference analyses.
While our approaches and impact are industry-leading, we are just scratching the surface of the potential given the complexity of the entertainment industry and the scale of our business. Near term, we need to apply our methods advancements to existing business questions, and long term help define and prioritize future business problems. To achieve this potential, we need a Senior Analytics Engineer who is cross-functional, humble, innovative, and deep in analytic tooling, data intuition, and product sense to help lead and scale data, reporting, and modeling.
Who you are:
• Passionate about answering critical business questions through data
• Expert in manipulating large data sets with complex SQL and Python (or other similar languages)
• Expert in data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, D3, Looker, etc...)
• Experienced in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, etc...) on large scale data sets
• Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into automated, long-lasting data solutions using sound judgement gained through years of experience
• Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
• Experienced at telling stories with data and communicating to stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Comfortable communicating your insights and contributions to a large set of users across varying technical background
What you will do:
• Define novel and critical metrics for the business, and build and maintain data aggregates to power these metrics
• Rapidly design, construct, and iterate on dashboards and other visualizations to inform decision making throughout the programming space
• Effortlessly manipulate large amounts of noisy data to answer new questions for the team and the business
• Maintain and rethink existing data solutions to service a wider variety of use cases
• Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data pipelines and data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering etc
• Join a stunning team of analytic experts with diverse skill sets, and deliver excellent solutions that better enable our decision-making process and scale our impact in programming at Netflix.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site