Senior Originals Marketing Manager
Santa Monica, CA US
Senior Manager, Content Development (Comedy)
Hulu’s Content team is seeking a Senior Content Development Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Originals Comedy Team. As a Comedy Executive at Hulu, you will help initiate and drive the sourcing, development, and production of Hulu Originals with a focus on premium cable-quality comedies. The right person for this role is a highly self-motivated and proactive problem solver, with an ability to inspire and affect change through influence and collaboration. If you are someone who has honed creative voice, and knowledge of state-of-the-art TV content development and programming, then this is an excellent role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop a deep understanding of Hulu’s brand values, key demo target/s, and business objectives and establish what original series will move the needle for the brand and generate significant commercial value.
• Leverage agency, studio, writer, and producer contacts to actively bring in on-brand, on-model projects.
• Help to handle a slate and schedule with a large volume of shows.
• Work with creators, external partners, and the Hulu executive team to develop and note story, outlines, scripts and cuts.
• Work with in-house marketing and publicity teams to facilitate creative asset creation and to give input when needed on marketing materials, press releases, etc.
• Work closely with marketing and publicity to develop and produce ancillary content for social media and other promotional purposes.
• Provide support to the Director of Content Development and Head of Originals on all aspects of creative development and production.
WHAT TO BRING
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a creative executive developing and producing material into high-quality, viable scripts and series.
• An established credibility and base of existing relationships across the creative community (comedy talent, writers, directors, producers).
• Skilled at audience-focused content development, with an appreciation for sophisticated/specialized audience tastes and preferences.
• Confident in instincts but understands the importance of the give and take in the creative process.
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art TV content development and programming, including new media properties.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with talent and production partners.
• Ability to work and navigate in a high-tech, internet start-up setting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Diplomatic personality and ability to work productively with a variety of personalities.
• A real love and deep knowledge of comedy!
• Television studio or network experience is preferred