Senior Manager, Program Delivery / RTE
Burbank, CA US
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. Engineers in our Production Technology department are charged with developing and implementing new tools and algorithms to solve unique and challenging problems for all of our movies. We do this working alongside a user base that shares a building with us, and uses the code we develop to make our feature films.
We are looking for software engineers of all levels to join our Production Technology team, for development in domains such as Simulation, Application Frameworks, Build, and Pipeline Infrastructure and Engineering. In these roles, you will partner with artists, production, and technology leadership, technical directors, cross-team software engineers, and other technologists and researchers across the Walt Disney Studios. You will be designing and implementing innovative workflows and state of the art solutions motivated by our new long-term vision for Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Who are we looking for?
Currently we are in the process of designing a new asset and shot toolset and complementary pipeline. We are looking for engineers interested in and/or have experience with:
• Designing & extending application core and framework
• Designing data models and schemas
• Architecting, integration, and optimizing compute and data structure
• Building and integrating media playback and story toolsets
• Rendering and simulation expertise
• Creating or enhancing artist-facing tools and applications
What does it mean to be a developer here at WDAS?
• Our engineers get the opportunity to work on the full stack of our tools, from developing the underlying algorithms through building intuitive artist-friendly interfaces.
• Work hand in hand with artists to make the tools we need for the complex and rich characters and environments featured in our movies.
• Develop on top of a highly performant, extendable in-house application framework.
• Develop new artist-centric interaction models using the latest hardware and technologies.
Qualifications could include:
• Proficiency in C++, ideally C++11/14.
• Experience with scripting languages including Python
• Experience building clean interfaces using modern UI development toolkits, including Qt
• Experience designing APIs from scratch as well as designing APIs that extend existing frameworks while maintaining established patterns and architecture.
• The ability to quickly produce clear, testable code.
• Understanding of the importance of performant solutions for user interaction
• Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Ability to collaborate with team members across different disciplines including directly interfacing with stakeholders to understand requirements
• Exemplary communication, teamwork skills, balancing the timeliness of solutions with their sustainability.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands based on business value.
• Understanding of computer graphics foundational concepts, and algorithms
• Knowledge of animation, graphics techniques and algorithms
• Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
• Strong understanding of coding process, standards, continuous integration and testing principles
• Experience with USD, Pipeline paradigms, Hydra a plus
• Experience with game engine such as Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard
• Experience in technical leadership
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, or Masters in Computer Science or related fields
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site