Senior Software Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Seattle, WA US
Are you interested in working on a powerful and efficient web-based CMS system that allows our Content Producers to curate various types of content and effectively deliver to a wide range of audiences on OTT (over the top television) devices? Do you have a passion for delivering awesome new features? If so, we'd love to talk to you about joining Sinclair Digital! We're looking for a self-motivated, top-notch Software Development Engineer to join us in building modern impressive software!
The OTT Platform Team supports services for all of our current and future OTT products. The OTT Platform includes features such as Show and Episode publishing workflows, EPG and Linear Feed ingestion, creation and management. Our goal is to provide a rich feature set of publishing tools for OTT producers to easily deliver content to end-users on an array of devices.
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities include:
• Directing software development projects
• Producing, testing, and debugging code
• Leading and mentoring engineers and developers
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we'd like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
• Develop high-quality software design and architecture
• Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
• Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
• Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
• Review and debug code
• Perform validation and verification testing
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
• Document development phases and monitor systems
• Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
• Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
• Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
• Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
• Knowledge of selected programming languages and the Java/J2EE platform
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
• Experience producing and consuming with REST endpoints
• Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS)
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational and leadership
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site