Social Media Producer
New York, NY US
Social Media Producer (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Producer to work on our new Pets vertical. You will provide social media support for the BuzzFeed team and manage multiple accounts.
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We're looking for a rockstar content creator who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet, and community! We'd especially love someone who has worked in the pet space before and has knowledge about the pet world. This is a full-time 6-month contract role based in our New York office.
• Create original content on BuzzFeed Pets channels
• Manage the publishing of all content to BuzzFeed Pets social channels
• Secure and manage talent for a weekly livestream featuring pet trainers and influencers
• Engage with the social community, interact with relevant posts and cultivate relationships
• Build a social strategy that promotes our content to the widest pet-loving audience
• Partner with the research and data teams to improve strategy that results in productive growth in audience and engagement
• Analyze and report out about social activity
• Work closely with our affiliate team to deliver on goals as a part of BuzzFeed's pet partnership with Amazon
• Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed's culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 1-2 years experience working with social media
• Proven content production experience
• Connections to pet content creators in the social space a huge plus
• You have a passion for animals and pets
• Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
• Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
• No formal cover letters, please.
• Instead of a cover letter:
• Provide links to your public social media accounts and examples of your previous work
• Summarize in one paragraph your vision for BuzzFeed Pets social handles
• Attach a resume!