Digital Sales Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Minneapolis, MN US
Fox Sports North is seeking a Graphics Operator! This position is responsible for the creation and execution of on-air graphics for live and taped programs utilizing the Viz RT, Photoshop and other graphics software. You will work closely with show Producers to determine the content of the day's graphics, clearly communicate with Producers before, during and after, and help design and create new graphics as needed or requested by FS North and FS Wisconsin production personnel. Additionally, you will ensure all graphics making air are clean in design and error free. This person will work with freelance Viz Operators to insure smooth operation in the remote truck environment and in the studio, troubleshoot the equipment, and report any major issues to engineering. This person must be able to attend daily morning conference calls with Producers and Talent to understand the storyline for the show.
• Develop and prepare graphics for nightly Pre & Post game broadcast, including statistical graphics, over-the-shoulder boxes, fullscreens, and creative pieces. This includes FS North and FS Wisconsin programs. Assist event production in graphic creation when needed. Must maintain proficiency in ALL aspects of the equipment operation.
• Assist in developing and creating the ''look'' of any new programming on FS North and FS Wisconsin.
• Keep in regular contact with Fox Corporate graphics department to ensure the freelance event graphics operators have the current versions of software and graphics packages. Report any issues the freelance operators may have to Los Angeles.
• Troubleshoot and ensure graphics equipment and software are working properly. Report technical problems to chief engineer. Assist in fixing problems if needed.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• A degree or equivalent in broadcasting or related field, basic knowledge of sports, attention to detail, strong spelling and writing skills. 3 Years of live event production experience either in a studio or remote environment.
• Must be team player who can communicates across all levels of production.
• Technical knowledge of the latest broadcast graphic programs and techniques. The candidate must be able to perform well in a live broadcast environment, must be deadline oriented, able to handle a heavy load of graphic requests by Producers, work well as part of a team, anticipate graphic needs and show initiative by making suggestions.
• Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone and computer keyboard. Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision.
• Use of Viz RT Graphics, Viz Multi touch, Viz Libero, Computer, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine.
• Primarily works in a live control room, which varies from calm environment, to frantic and noisy during live broadcast. Must also be able to work in a remote production truck environment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!