Senior Counsel, Original Programming, Scripted
Burbank, CA US
The HBO Max and TNT/tbs/truTV Business Affairs Director is responsible for the following:
• Structure, negotiate and oversee:
• a variety of complex development and production agreements as well as writer, actor, producer, and rights agreements;
• pilot and series development and production, and ancillary exploitation of long-form programming; and
• acquisition, license and co-production agreements.
• Influence and advise network executives on all matters pertaining to deal structure and business models. Must negotiate effectively on behalf of the platform and networks in order to secure favorable terms while also staying competitive in the market.
• Communicate and build relationships. Cultivate and maintain key entertainment industry relationships with talent agents, production companies/producers, entertainment lawyers and talent management. Must maintain comprehensive knowledge of entertainment transactions and a broad understanding of development, production, acquisition, distribution and licensing functions/operations, including familiarity with applicable guild and union agreements.
• Help maintain and provide analyses of current deal points and deal structures.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry standards and practices including back-end definitions. customary network parameters, agency packaging commissions and muli-platform content distribution.
• 3 - 5 years in television business affairs or comparable transactional practice.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with streaming and cable deals including production company, executive producer, talent, third party licensing agreements and media terminology.
• Familiarity with guild and union rules/procedures
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site