Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records is currently seeking a Recording Studio Technical Engineer to join the team.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Work with AVID Pro Tools software
• Troubleshoot and fix recording console issues
• Help clients set up elaborate systems/wiring, repair gear, fix networking issues, sound stage technical support; including stage shoots, performance, video shoots, set up screens, microphones and anything labels need including setting up conferences, and commercial shoots.
• Must be able to work flexible hours; evening shift and weekends.
Bring your VIBE:
• At least 5 years working in a professional recording studio environment
• Solid understanding of AC and DC electronics
• Solid understanding of digital audio equipment and techniques
• Good wiring skill and understanding how to make cables using ¼”, RCA, XLR, Elco, DL, and DB25 connectors
• Experience and understating the use of VOM meters, oscilloscopes, and audio test equipment
• Understanding of DANTE protocol, implementation and troubleshooting
• Bench testing and repair of vintage and modern audio equipment
• Experience working on and maintaining SSL E and G series consoles.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software
• Solid understanding of AVID Pro Tools Software and troubleshooting
• Understanding of other DAW programs such as Apple Logic and Ableton Live a plus
• Ability to troubleshoot on the fly and under pressure.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer