Sinclair Broadcast Group
Manager, Station Products
Team: Station Services
Status: Full time/Regular/Exempt
The Station Products & Innovation (SPI) team works to maximize the quality and impact of PBS Digital's product and service offerings. Specifically, SPI strives to improve PBS member station success in reaching new audiences, engaging their audiences across platforms, and opening new opportunities for revenue.
The Manager, Station Products, manages PBS Digital's product portfolio for member stations, including Media Manager, TV Listings, mobile & OTT apps, and related products on an as needed basis. This position serves as a liaison to PBS Digital's product teams, designing rollout and training methods, and providing strategy assistance in support of station goals. This position works with the Station Relations & Communications team to create and carry out marketing plans.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses a strong background in digital technologies, specifically video technologies, and a keen understanding of station or other membership groups, as well as a strong customer service orientation.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage product development on behalf of member stations as stakeholders and other products for PBS Digital's entire product portfolio.
• Manage PBS Digital's relationships with a group of member stations to provide:
• product rollout, training, and continuing implementation resources
• guidance on use and deployment of PBS Digital tools and products.
• strategic advice for stations' senior management (e.g. CEOs, GMs, and Executive Directors).
• advocacy for stations/stakeholders to internal product managers and developers.
• Collaborate with the Director, Station Products & Innovation and PBS senior management to carry out related strategic projects on behalf of PBS Digital and Station Services, including developing deployment plans for new or enhanced product releases and implementing those plans on behalf of senior management when assigned.
• Gather and interpret information (both anecdotal and data driven) about stations' product use and needs; communicate that information to appropriate PBS Digital Product Managers and senior leadership; as needed, work with other PBS Digital teams to develop and implement solutions and/or new initiatives that improve stations' experience with Digital products.
• As required and assigned, represent PBS Digital at public broadcasting and industry events; this may include leading or moderating presentations at key stakeholder meetings.
• As needed, work with relevant stakeholders to build business case justifications for further digital product enhancements.
• Independently engage member stations as partners to gather and aggregate input on products and services (available from PBS Digital or other sources).
• Translate stations' problems and needs into proposed product improvements for technical developers
• Advocate for all stations, ensuring that their needs are communicated throughout PBS.
• Promote an environment of collaboration and inclusion, ensuring programs and projects are represented by a diverse group of voices.
• Provide regular project updates, including station on-boarding status for PBS Digital staff.
• Organize events promoting collaboration among PBS member stations, such as in-person training, station summits, annual conferences, and strategic consultations
• Share in the management of online products and services as assigned
Requirements for success:
• 4-5 years of progressively responsible work experience in product management and development, business analysis, or other fields involving digital media and technology.
• Experience should include developing content, product, and marketing plans that tie directly into strategic goals.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, media, technology, marketing or related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
• An understanding of public broadcasting station or non-profit membership organization operations is required. Prior employment, or extensive interaction with public media stations, is strongly preferred.
• Ability to successfully managing relationships with customers, specifically TV stations and producers
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management and peer groups) on issues of content strategy and ongoing station communications.
• Familiarity with current technologies involved in Internet-based applications
• Actionable knowledge of the digital media landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards
• Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, and to present findings and recommendations
• Ability to work in highly collaborative environments
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinker who is able to assess risk and act soundly and expeditiously
• Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Attention to detail and pride in high-quality execution of work
• Enthusiastic and energetic team player who is excited about the possibilities afforded by new technologies
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site