Producer, Product Creative Strategy - Africa
Come join the team responsible for localization at Netflix! We work to empower diverse titles from anywhere to be accessed and loved everywhere through scalable, high quality localization. We are looking for a highly motivated manager to build the team and relationships required to ensure the Netflix experience and the creative intent of our filmmakers can travel and be accessed around the world.
In this role you will lead a team of program managers responsible for the localization strategy for verticals or regions of the Netflix business, as well as a team of project managers focused on bringing localization excellence to titles across these verticals. You will leverage deep leadership experience to empower this team to deliver localization excellence, and leverage your strategic partnership experience, your expertise in content and/or marketing, and your strong business acumen to forge strong partnerships with our content, marketing, and creative teams.
The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage aggressive deadlines. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential.
Reporting to the Director, Content & Marketing Localization, you will collaborate closely and constantly with your peers overseeing other verticals and our scaled operations to drive the business forward as one Localization team. You will be expected to lead by example and be selfless in your leadership of the team, your collaboration with your peers, and your partnership with colleagues and creators.
• Provide leadership and mentorship for your team. Hire and retain top talent for the organization
• Foster relationships and partner with key stakeholders to support your team in defining and driving the cross functional strategy and delivering excellence for your verticals
• Engage with Netflix content and marketing executives, and at times directly with showrunners and other creatives, to redefine the way content travels from local creators to global audiences through localization
• Set prioritization and escalation strategies for your team which support localization excellence at scale while also empowering the team to pick the right places to lean into high touch solutions that are in the best interest of Netflix and our members
• Drive a cadence of reviews of your vertical strategies and deliverables that increases visibility, discussion, and innovation
• Coordinate with colleagues from cross-functional teams to continually and selflessly optimize your business in the best interest of Netflix and our members around the world
• Represent Netflix and Globalization at company and industry events, and represent your verticals within Globalization & Creative Production to increase a global mindset around the company.
• Partner closely with colleagues executing vendor engagement and scaled project management for your titles to continuously improve our resource forecasting and efficiency, and to deliver localization excellence at scale as one team
• Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead programs and teams, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of ''figuring it out.''
• Experience leading complex cross functional programs to delivery in localization, international product development, or other international business contexts. Experience in content and marketing is a plus.
• Significant people and organizational management experience, with specific experience with distributed global teams. Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
• Demonstrated success in business analysis and strategic planning. Ability to make data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience.
• Proven effectiveness at delivering impactful presentations at the executive level; great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Curiosity for language, culture, regional nuance, and the desire to continually build empathy.
• Fluency in a non-English language is a plus.