Principal, Creative Development, Advanced Research
New York, NY
We are seeking an enthusiastic lead for the position of Senior Manager, Product Management - Internationalization, reporting to the Senior Director of Product for International. This individual will manage a team of product managers, collaborating cross-functionally with other product, localization, legal, business, program management, design, and engineering teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will have substantial internationalization experience and will be comfortable working with a multi-functional team of product owners. We're looking for a strategic, technical product lead who isn't afraid to execute. You will focus on the internationalization strategy for Disney Streaming, and be well versed in infrastructure required for providing a local experience at scale. You will also be responsible for ensuring our non-English language experiences are best in class and focused on the critical needs of various subscribers around the world.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building new programs from scratch. You will have technical product acumen, proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• Lead a team of product owners defining and launching critical language functionality, experience, and any gaps in partnership with design and engineering teams.
• Operate as a stakeholder on requirements for the integration of globalization tools across our systems and applications with the platform product and engineering partner teams.
• Influence as a subject matter expert across product teams to embed i18n specific features into team roadmaps.
• Develop and set up processes, projects and tools that allows teams and global expansion to scale.
• Manage and drive all aspects of i18n requirements needed to maintain the best standards and best practices in the industry.
• Provide up-to-date communication and data reporting for large projects, as well as progress of the team efficiency goals.
• Identify and set into practice ways to improve efficiency and reduce cost of globalization.
• Aligning the strategic global business goals of Disney and ensuring the teams invest toward those goals through a data-driven roadmap.
• 7+ years of experience in product management, with 3+ years in team management.
• Experience managing language experiences across APAC, EMEA, and LatAm.
• Knowledge of language complexities and how to evolve a product to accommodate for global languages, such as Asian and right-to-left languages.
• Deep interest in cultural symbolism and incorporation into the product experience.
• Track record of managing and releasing complex and high-quality products in collaboration with product teams.
• Knowledge of globalization best practices and internationalization requirements.
• Track record of being a self-starter, self-motivated and outcome-oriented individual who seeks ownership and accountability.
• Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership.
• Must be able to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail, with a competitive global and local viewpoint for delight and retention.
• Illustrated deep strength in the business of product management - process, how you think strategically as a team, how you execute as a team, how the product managers on your team interact with other teams.
• Focus and background on avoiding knowledge silos and instead striving to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
• Ability to create a structure under which internationalization innovation is possible, giving PMs the creative time needed to pursue new concepts and feedback to help concepts become prototypes, and prototypes become working code.
• Model for good product management behavior, demonstrating technique directly only when necessary, and otherwise guiding product managers to make their own product decisions that follow best practice.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site