Producer, Product Creative Strategy - Africa
Editorial Analysis Manager, EMEA and LATAM
From ''High-Adrenalin Spanish Action & Adventure TV Shows'' to ''Critically Acclaimed British Movies from the '80s,'' the system that powers Netflix's tens of thousands of personalised row recommendations is the result of years of painstaking content analysis, intricate taxonomical work, data science, back-end engineering, and pure movie and TV geekery.
Now, Netflix's Creative Production team is seeking a unique candidate: One who can take this process - the tags that form it, the logic that makes sense of it all, and the data it creates - to the next level, increasing the value it provides for our all parts of our business and all our global members. In this role, you will manage a team responsible for one of the most venerable and far-reaching classification initiatives of any internet subscription service, Netflix tagging.
You and the team are unique classification experts, people who can identify, collect, and transform the artistic qualities of movies and TV shows into the data that powers personalization for more than 150 million people around the world.
You understand innately the facets, tropes, and themes that allow audiences around the world to laugh, think, escape, cry, and tell their friends, ''You have to watch this.''
The right person to lead this group will have years of experience building, managing, and scaling back-end metadata archives, and the systems and teams behind them. You have experimented with a variety of ways to collect and curate metadata - crowdsourcing, third-party data services, automation and feeds - and know when and why it's best to turn to internal teams of employees to do the work. Better yet, you can represent at a high level the strategic use of this human-powered metadata, in every facet of the Netflix service.
You are adept at working within product innovation teams, collaborating with engineers, product managers, designers, and consumer research to create new features, proving their success through A-B test data.
You have a proven track record of helping large user bases browse, navigate, search, and understand large catalog offerings. Ideally, you have a passion for movies and TV shows; more likely, you have experience cataloging any variety of content: music, books, games, and news articles.
All of your experience makes you well-prepared to lead the human voices behind algorithmically powered recommendations, crafting and scaling a world-class experience that results in the ultimate compliment from millions of members: ''Netflix gets me.''
• 8+ years of managing teams of 10 or more
• 5+ years experience working with large online catalogs: products, content (user-generated or professional), information, or archives
• Prior creation, standardization, and enforcement of guidelines for metadata entry and collection
• Experience collaborating and advising on the creation of back-end metadata systems, tools, rulesets, and databases
• Proven success in creating user-facing online experiencesA-B testing background
• Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
• Excellent communication skills, especially in giving and responding to candid feedback
• Proficiency in English and at least one language from the region
• Experience representing a major internet service or product to the public and press
• Background or degree in library science, information science, and/or information architecture
• Movie/TV coverage experience, whether external to the industry/journalistic or within a major studio or network
• Encyclopedic knowledge of world cinema/TV
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site