Software Developer - Backend
Hulu’s Video Optimization Team is seeking a Senior Researcher/Research Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Senior Researcher/Research Software Developer in Hulu, you will help us address these video streaming challenges and drive research innovations to improve and enhance our video pipeline.
At hulu, we are passionate about serving continuously improved viewing experiences to millions of customers. We rely on the innovative algorithms on top of our well-established video pipeline and in-depth data analysis and optimizing system, to enable new playback features as well as improve video quality.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• You will be in responsible for investigating and prototyping algorithms which can improve the video delivery quality, maximize the utilization of network and seek playback issues. You will closely collaborate with other researchers and engineers so that the ground breaking algorithms can be implemented in scale and across wide range of clients.
• We investigate, evaluate and prototype the state-of-the-art streaming technologies, launch offline & online A|B experiments, and integrate these improvements into hulu's playback system
• We research and apply innovations to further improve the streaming performance and quality, motivated to establish hulu's video streaming technical stack to be leading the industry
• We enroll in the multimedia industry standardizations, participate in developing standard specifications and interoperability guidelines. Bridge hulu's internal technical upgrades with the external industry's progresses
WHAT TO BRING
We expect you have passionate interests in new technologies, excellent problem-solving thinkings, proven video playback knowledges, balanced research and software engineering skills, and collaborative spirit.
• PhD or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related majors. 2-5 years' experience on streaming, playback, or QoS improvement. Passionate to building up and improve video technologies
• Familiar with technologies and protocols, including but not limited to DASH, HLS and CMAF. Experience on developing algorithms like adaptive bitrate switching, bandwidth prediction, low latency streaming and so on. Knowledge on the delivering network is a plus
• Proven software developing skills, be capable of developing and maintaining a large scale product-level software project. Be able to resolve issues via data analytics and statistics on a large volume of data.
• Proficient research capability and habit. With an eye toward developing innovating ideas and finding new opportunities. Experienced in catalyzing research outcome into real world product. Knowledge on machine learning and modeling in video quality improvement will be helpful
• It will be nice to have experiences on multimedia standardizations, with publications or standard contributions or products to demonstrate the work
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site