HEAD OF LAYOUT (CG ANIMATED FEATURE)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Define the cinematic scope and design for the movie.
• Supervise the Previs/Layout/Final Layout process.
• Drive creation of Previs department workflow. Supervise building the Previs pipeline, tools, and process for Nick Movies.
• Help to recruit and manage a small in-house Previs unit as well as the vendor's Layout team for Previs, Layout, Set dressing, and Camera for the movie.
• Creatively supervise the Previs/Layout process and the overall cinematography of the show.
• Work with Production Leadership on complexity assessments and management.
• Manage the turnover and communication for each sequence noting creative decisions, priorities, any relevant history, and context for the sequence. This would cover lensing, framing, staging, editing, initial lighting, history of the sequence, and Executive notes.
• Attend and give feedback on camera and staging in Animation and Lighting reviews.
• Previous experience as a Head of Layout and/or Head of Previs on animated feature films
• Previous work with managing vendor studio team
• Proficiency in Maya
• Excellent Camera or cinematography
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Animate 2019
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced production environment
• Good time management skills; good multi-tasker
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site