Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Systems Operation team provides around the clock monitoring, administration & escalation of all Disney Streaming Service infrastructure. Excellent uptime & availability of our platforms as it relates to internal teams, external teams & consumers is the core focus of the team.
The core focus of this role is to advance, maintain, and document the monitoring/alerting platforms and automation tools used by the System Operations team. This position will also act as a mentor for junior level engineers as well as more advanced administrators. To this end, the engineer will leverage these junior resources to complete tasks to further the team's goals.
• Typically has 2 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
• Proactive thinker with strong problem solving skills.
• Experience with Linux (Installation, Configuration, Tuning).
• Strong experience with the AWS Cloud platform including EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, Cloudtrail, Cloudfront, ASG, IAM, S3, R53
• Experience in installing and configuring Icinga2 (Configure hosts, services, notifications, and remote clients such as Icinga2, NRPE, SSH, SNMP, NSClient++).
• Experience with Icingaweb2 Interface and Icinga Director.
• Strong experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
• Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker containers.
• Strong knowledge with scripting languages (BASH, Python, Go, Expect).
• Good understanding of security and networking concepts.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable collaborating with junior colleagues (delegating tasks and following up on them)
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.