Technical Project Manager
New York, NY US
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
As a Technical Project Manager within the Apple, Android & Web Engineering organization, you'll be responsible for managing the software engineering team(s) developing a multi-platform media player which provides a customizable and cohesive user experience across devices. You'll also function as the primary contact for Product and other Engineering teams. You will help ensure our teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for Disney+, ESPN+ and others.
• You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
• You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
• You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams
• You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
• You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
• You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
• Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
• Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
• Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities
• Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
• Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
• Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
• Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
• Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
• 4+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches
• In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
• Basic understanding of streaming protocols (HLS, HDS, DASH) and encoding protocols (AAC, H.264, H.265)
• Familiar with video delivery over industry-leading CDNs
• Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the ''go-to'' individual
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus