Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned
station in Cincinnati has an opening for a Business Manager. Responsibilities
include payroll/employee relations, providing business analytics and support to
the General Manager and Department head team, forecasting, budgeting, expense
management and other business office activities at the station. This
position also provides support and works collaboratively with the regional
accounting group on the monthly financial closing, forecast and annual budget
processes among other things.
• General Business Functions
• Interpretation and communication of financial results
• Liaison between station and regional accounting office on operating costs
• Forecasting and budgeting
of operational station expenses and revenues
• Payroll Functions
• Payroll review/timecard editing
• Vacation/sick monitoring
• Prepare sales commission calculation and chargebacks
• Personnel Administrative Functions
• New hire processing
• Termination processing
• Employee relations
• Worker's comp administration
• Various Insurance and Statutory Reporting
• Accounts Payable & Expenses
• Invoice processing and approval
• P-Card report approval
• Travel & entertainment report approval
• Local operating contract maintenance
• Fleet Management
• Asset Management
• Tagging, tracking and disposal
• Miscellaneous office management functions, e.g. insurance reporting, EEO reporting
• Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills.
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Highly detail oriented and
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interpret and analyze various levels of financial data and provide guidance and recommendations.
• Work with various
on-boarding and on-going human resource functions including but not limited to payroll.
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
• Previous experience handling all aspects of a business unit's accounting functions a plus.
• Previous work within a regional business office structure preferred.
• Experience with accounting software applications including Oracle, Wide Orbit, Hyperion Planning or their equivalents required.
WLWTHearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site