Radio Board Operator
Sacramento, CA US
ESPN 1320 (KIFM-AM) is looking for a Full Time On-Air Host & Digital Producer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Host live broadcasts Monday through Friday along with various weekend shifts, including but not limited to Kings, 49ers & Giants pregame & postgame shows.
• Daily station podcast highlighting the top stories in Sacramento & NorCal sports.
• Social media management and content production around breaking news, rumors, games, current events, etc.
• Create and develop sellable revenue opportunities within the Sacramento & NorCal community.
• Assist with all programming needs such as scheduling, imaging, website/digital maintenance, etc.
• Make personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts.
• Protect the station's FCC license.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 5 years previous on-air experience preferred; familiarity with station format required. We're looking for a self-motivated radio host with in-depth knowledge of Sacramento and Northern California sports. Must be able to perform with little supervision; familiarity with FCC rules and regulations required. Must be available to work any day of the week, including weekends. High school diploma required; college degree in media-related major preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires ability to manipulate knobs, levers and push buttons.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
''It is the continuing policy of Entercom to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.''