Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Warner Music Group
New York, NY US
Job Title: Senior Auditor, Internal Audit
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way.
Our work includes SOX audits, operational audits, risk management projects, and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact.
Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior to join our team. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your SOX and audit skills and develop them further, learn all aspects of the music business, learn about international business first-hand by working with our Warner Music Group affiliates around the world, and collaborate with operational and financial professionals to assess processes, risks, and controls, and improve the overall control environment. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the department or explore other future opportunities within WMG that fit their career goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Perform and document a scoping and risk assessment analysis as part of audit planning
• Prepare for and lead SOX walkthroughs to include end-to-end walkthroughs of a process as well as assessment of control design
• Execute testing procedures to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
• Document accurate, logical, and detailed workpapers that clearly and thoughtfully describe the audit objective, test procedures and results, and conclusions reached
• Proactively follow-up with process owners to monitor remediation efforts
• Work efficiently and effectively as an individual contributor and a team player to deliver outstanding work with minimal supervision
• Take ownership of individual assignments, delivering high quality and timely audit workpapers
• Participate in the new and ongoing improvements of the internal audit process as assigned
• Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and with business stakeholders
• Educate business stakeholders on control expectations and best practices for quality-driven and sustainable SOX results for a public company
• Supervise and mentor audit staff
• Critically evaluate audit issues identified including assessment of the issue/root cause and financial statement impact
• Communicate audit findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO framework, and leading business practices
• Work both independently and in a team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player and project manager
• Display advanced proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Project, and Visio
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects effectively
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Travel domestically and internationally if required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
• 3+ years of experience overall in some combination of internal audit, Big 4 public accounting, risk management, and/or an operational finance role
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, and SharePoint software
• CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.