Team Lead, Fan Relations
Knoxville, TN US
The person will be the face of the brands, responsible for communicating with consumers, reviewing escalations, monitoring promotions, troubleshooting errors, researching potential bugs, and working directly with the content and product teams to ensure issues are reported, prioritized, and resolved. The successful candidate will provide expert quality service to the audience and fans via email, social media, and other forms of communication. This position will be based in Knoxville, TN and report to the Manager of Fan Relations.
Discovery, Inc. is looking for an expert communicator to join our Fan Relations team. Fan Relations is a customer support function under Corporate Communications and assists every department and all of Discovery’s U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet to name a few. From digital products across multiple platforms to linear pilots, sweepstakes launches, website redesigns, corporate and legal escalations, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners. We are seeking an adept storyteller and skilled strategist to join our team as a virtual leader in all aspects as we assist fans with our apps as well as linear and digital content.
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
This shift is four days a week, 10 hours a day.
• Friday, 4P - 3A
• Saturday, 4P - 3A
• Sunday, 4P - 3A
• Monday, 4P - 3A
• Communicate daily with customers on social platforms, app stores, and other forms of communication
• Respond effectively and efficiently to consumer emails within our customer service platform, quickly identifying next steps to gather more information
• Be accountable for fulfilling service-level agreements
• Provide technical and procedural guidance based on established practices
• Strategize and prioritize customer incidents and communicate trends to key internal stakeholders via formalized reporting
• Maintain a strong presence with internal business partners by facilitating and participating in phone, video, and in-person meetings
• Participate in and facilitate special projects as required
• Assist with employee training in the operation of equipment and in established processes
• Act as the point of contact for Manager when he or she is out and provide Tier3 support in troubleshooting and customer escalations as well as reporting to the appropriate stakeholders
• Provide coaching and support to team members in alignment with the Manager
• Thorough knowledge of Discovery brands and their respective websites
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 2 years customer service supervisory experience
• Experience working with Roku, Tizen, Amazon Fire TV, Android and Apple products
• Experience working with social media management software
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other data visualization tools
• Experience with Zendesk preferred
• Ability to think strategically, assess opportunities, and provide creative solutions to complex problems while remaining flexible and adaptable
• Be an innovative thinker and have excellent communication (internal/external and written/verbal) and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment and manage at all levels of a matrix organization
• Be a strong leader with core competencies in project management, attention to detail, managing diverse workload under tight deadlines
• High-level of initiative with the ability to self-direct workflow
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site