Product Manager, Ad Supported
The year ahead for ViacomCBS is an exciting one. Our new broad pay streaming product will expand CBS All Access by adding the company's scaled assets in film and TV, including world-renowned brands, and reaffirm and expand the value of entertainment, news and sports - through on-demand and live experiences - for audiences around the world. To help us lead this rapid expansion, the CBS All Access Creative Marketing team is actively seeking a Sr. Director, Production Operations. The Sr. Director, Production Operations will lead our Creative Marketing post-production group and will help provide creative and technical direction to the promotional team. The person in this role will work cross-functionally to help optimize workflows and develop strategies that will maximize efficiency and creativity. Candidates should also have experience delivering to VOD platforms, broadcast networks and social platforms.
Sr. Director, Production Operations must be comfortable working with a variety of creative and technical groups. A good attitude is a must in communicating with coworkers from many departments. The candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must cultivate a positive workplace culture based on accountability, fairness and inclusion.
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, the candidate may be called upon to provide post support on unscheduled projects. It is key for the candidate to be able to appropriately manage time and prioritize projects.
• Lead Production operations for CBS All-Access Creative Marketing
• Innovate and supervise multiple strategic projects that directly impact productivity and operating efficiency
• Oversee creative distribution globally and maintain the process surrounding the workflow
• Coordinate content delivery with Creative Directors and project managers
• Manage team of production assistants, video editors and sound designers
• Review and approve promotional content based on feedback from Legal and Standards teams
• Develop and maintain content delivery and lead media management and file archiving systems across all platforms ensuring adherence to proper delivery specs and metadata entry.
• Partner with project leads to define and delegate editor assignments
• Streamline onboarding process for new employees
• Research and recommend new production management tools
• Create and update job descriptions to reflect evolving roles within the organization
• Create and maintain disaster recovery plan
• Recruit and hire new team members
• Maintain and train teams on operational policies
• Facilitate advanced training opportunities for technical and creative growth
• Set performance goals and conduct performance reviews for staff members
• Manage personal goals and growth potential for team members
• Build and maintain a freelance editor pool comprised of top local and remote talent
• License still photography and music from third-party vendors
• Inform all departments of contract limitations and restrictions regarding the use of third-party content and talent
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A minimum of 10 years of post-production experience in TV or streaming is required.
• Management experience
• Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
• Jira and alternative Project Management software
• Avid Media Composer
• Expertise in audio mixing and color correction workflows
• UI / UX development experience a plus.