Lead Technical Artist
Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Sr. Product Designer that can help develop new behaviors, features, and improve the usability and utility of existing ones. We’re looking for someone who stands out at crafting experiences across living room platforms.
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for teamwork and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
We’re seeking a hardworking Sr. Product Designer who wants to build outstanding features that simplify the lives of our viewers. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you’ll use your design sensibility and strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
As a team, we experiment across our product with the aim of making our product a simpler, faster, more intuitive platform to use. We measure our success in terms of how many new customers we acquire, and how well we retain the customers we have.
We are looking for people that are passionate about working with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases and user journeys.
• Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mock-ups
• Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
• Collaborate with design manager, product manager, and cross-team peers throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
• Act as a quality control on the team and make sure documentations are in top shape before delivering to engineers and QAs
• Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
• Mentor and provide design directions for mid-level designers and associate designers
• Exercise ethical decision-making and do what’s best for our viewers
• Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
WHAT TO BRING
• 5+ years in Product Design at a technology company
• Experience designing across multiple Living Room devices (Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Fire TV etc.)
• A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
• A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
• Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
• Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined usable experiences that tackle problems
• A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
• An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
• Experience with experimentation design (A/B, MVT, Usability, etc.)
• Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
• Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site