Senior Director, Marketing, Digital Content Licensing
Remote / Virtual
THE DIVISON'S STORY
As the saying goes, timing is everything - and no one understands that more than the Scheduling team. In addition to understanding the competitive landscape, we take deep analytical dives into the how's and when's of consumer behavior to ensure we always get the maximum number of eyeballs on our stories. Right next door in Acquisitions, we're focused on buying, licensing and using data to better understand our audience. We're also master negotiators who hate to lose, even if it's a game of ping-pong. We are known for building relationships with key distributors, studios, independent producers, and international network execs. Do you thrive in a high-stakes, deadline-driven environment? We sure do.
A+E Networks has an amazing Manager opportunity, providing support to the History Programming Strategy & Scheduling team. The Manager of Scheduling is charged with ensuring that linear and multiplatform scheduling strategy is implemented properly and that all teams within the company receive timely, accurate, and detailed information for what's airing on the network and on digital platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee linear scheduling operations, including the creation of unique formats, interfacing with Traffic, Production, Ad-Sales, Broadcast Operations, and Listing Services amongst others.
• Manage multiplatform scheduling for History, History en Español, and Military History Channel.
• Create, update, and distribute the multiplatform schedules on a rolling basis to ensure accuracy
• Serve as Digital Scheduling representative in the company's efforts to evolve and improve current multiplatform practices.
• Liaise with Technology, Network Operations, and Distribution departments, ensuring that all non-linear programs are scheduled and formatted accurately.
• Update digital metadata information for all History programs.
• Partner with the Sales and Digital Media teams to develop branded short-form content for on-air use. Manage the scheduling process for all History on-air short-form.
• BA/BS Degree
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Network scheduling and/or operations experience preferred
• Experience and proficiency in scheduling software programs
• Experience managing technical elements of scheduling content for air
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently, and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to handle confidential information
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.