Los Angeles, CA
Video Editor, Tasty (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity. We're looking for someone to cut top down food content with the ability to implement storytelling. This is a freelance position with a project rate of $300/day.
Example of editing style requested: https://tasty.co/compilation/homemade-fruit-filled-desserts
• Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team editing TASTY video content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both top down and editorial
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
• Stay super organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Passion and knowledge for editing theory
• Experience designing and laying in GFX/VFX preferred
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited or current reel
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site