Technoprops Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Stagecraft Media Systems Engineer (Project Hire)
Los Angeles, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM is looking for a seasoned Media Systems Engineer to assist with the installation and deployment of our exciting Stagecraft LED volume technology. We’re seeking a well-rounded engineer who has experience building post-production machine rooms or near set installations. The ideal candidate should thrive in problem-solving situations with a can-do attitude and have working experience with third party vendors.
You’d be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to deploy and support a broad set of real time technologies that are critical in the physical and post-production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
The primary duty would be to help install, troubleshoot and commission large LED volumes that display real time video for shooting in-camera backgrounds and effects.
What you’ll do
• Supervise and install servers and video equipment racks located in on-set machine rooms
• Assist with the wiring and cable management for the machine room, external video and control equipment
• Configure and test various video equipment including SDI and HDMI video switchers, video conversion equipment and video monitoring / test gear
• Configure and deploy computer extension KVM systems
• Install and deploy rack mounted Linux servers used to generate video signals
• Understand and use wiring and block diagrams for equipment installation
• Deploy and configure audio comms systems
• Troubleshoot video and control signal flow issues
• Help with the installation and deployment of motion capture camera equipment
• Liaise with onsite installation vendors
What we’re looking for:
• 5-7 years installation and maintenance experience in a broadcast or post-production facility with complex audio/video and control systems
• Advanced understanding of video formats (SDI / HDMI) and signal flow principals
• Experience supporting real time video / audio production operations
• Up-to-Date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production
• Solid understanding and practical experience of various video signals and file formats
• An understanding of basic network fundamentals
• Basic Linux, Windows and OSX system administration experience
• Experience installing and deploying fiber
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team
• Basic color theory experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
• A Bachelor’s Degree BS in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is for an initial period of 3 months with the opportunity to extend to a full-time Media Systems Engineering position with ILM.
The full-time position would add global Stagecraft deployment and maintenance, assisting with architecting future Stagecraft sites and remote or on-site ILM studio maintenance and projects.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site