Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY US
WDT is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support ABC News Digital, who will be responsible for financial analysis and reporting related to the Operations, Editorial, and other business support areas of ABC News Digital, as well as producing high-quality strategic analyses to support decision-making across the division. This includes, but is not limited to, ongoing cost analysis, gathering and analyzing data for budget/forecasts/long range plans, owning detailed sales analysis across multiple platforms and working on ad hoc projects to drive business performance. The candidate will work on a team that supports ABC News Live, FiveThirtyEight, ABCNews.com and GoodMorningAmerica.com.
• Financial Reporting / Planning
• Assist in quarterly close process: accrual preparations and variance analysis
• Coordinate with Revenue Planning for sales forecasts/budgets and ratings/impression indicators
• Provide financial support for the operations/support areas: develop reporting tools to facilitate business analysis, identify and help teams implement cost saving recommendations, and present quarterly results to senior leaders
• Assist with preparation of annual budget, forecasts, and long range plans: work with business partners to build detailed budgets, input data into Cognos/SAP and other tools, and present to management
• Business Planning & Decision Support across ABC News
• Partner with other WDT teams to improve processes across Finance and Controllership teams
• Develop reporting tools and dashboards to analyze spending, identify areas for cost efficiencies, proactively lead process changes, and track improvements
• Collaborate with all levels of the editorial and production teams to assist in strategic planning of processes with a focus on financial responsibility
• Additional ad hoc projects across News portfolio might include providing support for new strategic initiatives, programming changes, and other business processes.
• 1-3 years relevant experience with close/forecasting/consolidations/data analysis/financial modeling
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, deliverable focused, and well-organized
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build relationships with various business partners across all levels of management
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to handle multiple priorities
• Prior media/television/broadcast industry experience; Digital media a plus
• SAP / Cognos / TM1 experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.