Senior Principal Business Analyst, Media Operations
New York, NY US
As a Program Manager on the Product team, you will drive the execution of projects that support Showtime's business goals for both the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service.
Because our apps are available across a large number of platforms (iOS, tvOS, web, Roku, Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and many others), projects you'll work on here will likely be multi-faceted (and, as a result, quite interesting), and you'll interact with lots of different team members, internal stakeholders, device partners, developers, product owners and QA testers in pursuit of delivering high-quality, timely products and features.
Additionally, this role will be have particular responsibility for our data programs, will manage prioritization and development of our various data products and pipelines, will collaborate with a team of data engineers, data scientists and analysts, and will interface and coordinate with customers of our data products from across the Showtime organization.
Great candidates for this role will exhibit exceptional technical fluency: Although scheduling and communication are key aspects of this job, you'll often find yourself describing complex technical issues to stakeholders and partners and collaborating closely with developers to improve efficiency in the feature- or application-delivery process.
• Own overall project communication and coordination; ensure that all project goals and tasks are documented, well communicated, understood and eventually, completed.
• Monitor, communicate and crush project risks and roadblocks.
• Drive discussion when conflicts arise and work with the team on alternatives or different approaches. Find a way to make it happen.
• Assist with overall resource planning and project roadmap schedule
• Develop project plans for key projects using appropriate planning techniques that track progress of critical business objectives. Highlight and drive the resolution of risks surfaced by such plans.
• Review business, functional and technical requirements for completeness and identify gaps, as needed.
• Recommend and implement process changes as necessary
• Develop internal documentation, support material, and other collateral to help customers of our data products effectively use them
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5 years of program management experience in the digital media industry, preferably with video-based experiences and products across web, mobile and OTT platforms
• 5 years of management experience bringing medium to large-scale complex projects through the full software development life cycle using Agile methodologies.
• Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
• Must have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have experience managing and negotiating with partner, vendors and development shops.
• Knowledge of Jira/Confluence a plus.
• Familiarity with analytics tools, big data, data visualization platforms or stream-processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc is a plus
• CS / engineering degree, or other relevant technical training is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant related field a plus, but not required.
• Relevant business certifications are noted.