Full Time Job
Production Manager, Scripted
- Full Time
Please apply with your CV in English
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights.
The Prime Video Content team is chartered to produce original content (through Amazon Studios) and license studio programs worldwide in service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for bringing popular TV and movies to their customers and introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle and ground-breaking, popular shows like Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle, Homecoming and Hanna.
The Production Manager will manage all productions from third party productions to Amazon Studios in the Garman Territory. You will be responsible for overseeing budgets, schedules, and overall productions for Amazon Studios. The position will include working with Creative, Content Acquisitions, Post-Production, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Business Affairs. This role will work directly with the Production Operations and Development teams in France and you will report on the day to day production operations to the Head of Production, EU & LatAm in Los Angeles. You will also evaluate new production related products and provide thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, and asset management including potential vendors, archival solutions and new technologies.
• Oversees all projects in development and production for scripted content.
• Track and process approvals and production payments with BA, Legal and Finance.
• Ensures major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
• Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project.
• Meets with show production managers, line producers and creative executives in budget and production meetings.
• Is on-set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
• Analyzes budgets and cost reports.
• Acts a liaison from producers in territory and the Production Executive in Los Angeles.
• Will create and update production charts for projects in territory.
• Multiple years of experience as Producer/Line Producer in Scripted Production
• Fluent in English and German
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and with great attention to detail
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• MM Budgeting and Scheduling proficient
• On set problem solving ability
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Understanding of major unions, guilds, contractual terms and deal structures in the entertainment industry
• Knowledge of unscripted work flows helpful.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.