Systems and Maintenance Technician
Los Angeles, CA US
Information Security Compliance, Testing, and Documentation
Maintenance of client workstations and data structure
• Apple Mac Mini, iMac, and Mac Pro computers
• Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects systems
• Avid editing, storage, and server hardware
• Fibre-channel fabric and switching hardware
• Tape Library administration (LTO5, 6, and 7)
Maintenance and support of networking structure
• Quantum StoreNext and Fabric client support
• Workstation network configuration and troubleshooting
• Linux Server administration (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu)
• Windows Server administration (Server 2012, 2016, and 2019)
• CISCO Edge and core switch configuration, troubleshooting, and management
Support On-Air, Production and Post-production facilities
• Data structure, back up, and disaster recovery
• Workstation and I/O support
• Network and traffic support
• Adobe Creative suite products support (After Effects, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator... etc.)
• Avid Media Composer, Symphony, Nexis, Interplay, and Media Central
• Avid Pro Tools
• OS-X and related system software
Project-oriented development, design, implementation, and support.
• Practical experience implementing information security best practices, security testing protocols, and on-going systems documentation.
• Minimum of ten years' maintenance experience in a media production and post-production environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with focus on determining hardware, software, firmware and application issues both repeatable and intermittent.
• Avid expert-level support experience for Media Composer/Symphony workstations, Interplay, Media Central, Air Speed, and Nexis servers (Avid ACSR certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience in configuring CISCO network hardware in a combined Apple OS, Windows Server & Workstation, and various Linux distributions environment (CISCO Routing and Switching CCNA or CCNP certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience performing server administration and troubleshooting tasks encompassing common services including AD, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, TFTP, etc. (Microsoft MCSE and/or Redhat RHSE or RHCSA certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience performing VMWare installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and administration (VMWare VCP or VCAP certifications are desirable).
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site