Regional Project Delivery Program Manager
As a regional entertainment channels team, we are responsible for the operation of 4 of Asia's leading general entertainment channels: FOX, FOX Life, FOX Crime and FX, to deliver the best of premium dramas, comedy, reality shows, global award shows and exciting original productions.
Aimed at viewers who demand the very best in western entertainment across Asia Pacific, our channels are available in over 94 million homes, reaching 17 countries and territories across Asia including: Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, The Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
This position will manage program scheduling and work with other teams to maximize program ratings. We are looking for a driven individual who has a passion for TV and is keen to learn about new market trends, the latest competitor offerings and the fast changing industry we work in. To be successful in this role you will appreciate the details and importance of data, planning and scheduling in audience engagement, our channel, as well as business strategy.
• Support the Head of General Entertainment programming on all linear and non-linear content planning including high level strategy and budgets
• Identify and develop localization strategies for general entertainment in key Southeast Asian markets across Pay TV linear channels and non-linear services
• Lead the programming team in planning engaging and coordinated stunts with particular focus on effective launch and sustain plans for new content across the general entertainment portfolio
• Manage the annual cycle of new content rollout from key US broadcast networks for new, returning or cancelled series in line with content strategy and budget needs
• Oversee the creation of monthly programming schedules and creative makelists
• Collaborate with scheduling team on strategic promo placement and media planning
• Work with the Acquisitions team on identifying additional third party IP that enhances the core content inventory
• Point of contact for all channel ad sales commercial opportunities and on-air delivery
• Collaborate with Media Networks Marketing and Creative teams to create best in class events and experiences as they relate to the media networks platforms
• Monitor channels performance and collaborate with Insights team to harness relevant data for linear and digital services to build and improve on all existing benchmarks and deliver value to Media Networks platform partners in SEA
• Point of contact for communications and coordination for cross line of business franchise activations and synergy
• A minimum of 10 years experience in programming, preferably with international general entertainment brands
• Demonstrates drive for superior results and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of scheduling systems
• Articulate and clear in content assessment and strategy
• Needs to be organized, resourceful and able to take initiatives with attention to detail
• Positive attitude and able to work independently, but also collaborate as an effective team member in shared knowledge and best practices
• Able to mentor and supervise a team of programmers
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.