Animation - Image Finaling Artist
Glendale, CA US
The Image Finaling department is an integral part of the Dreamworks pipeline, using their keen eye to correct and/or enhance every shot to completion. The team provides a unique opportunity to finesse every shot in a feature film in both mono and stereo. Our ideal candidate has the passion and technical know-how to make every shot really shine!
The Image Finaling artist "polishes" each shot that leaves the Lighting department by digitally altering frames using compositing techniques in Nuke. The Image Finaling Artist is responsible for diagnosing rendering issues within pre-setup Nuke scripts received from upstream departments. Image Finaling works closely with other departments, especially Lighting and Stereo, to ensure any visual or technical issues are resolved. In addition, Image Finaling artists utilize Photoshop to fix and enhance large resolution still images for various Marketing/Advertisement needs.
• Correct stereo artifacts introduced in the Lighting and Compositing of shots.
• Develop and implement compositing solutions for sequence-specific challenges.
• Perform all tasks associated within the Compositing process, including 2D and 3D tracking, 3D projection, color grading, articulate roto/paint work.
• Use software such as Photoshop to address any requests for Marketing/Advertisement in a timely manner.
• Work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the IMF Supervisor and Lead, CG Supervisor, and feedback from the Director as necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently for quick turn-arounds.
• Bachelor's degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related field and/or equivalent experience desired
• Proficient and a strong understanding on the latest versions of software such as Nuke and Photoshop
• Strong conceptual understanding of compositing, and general knowledge compositing sofware (such as Nuke's) 3D environment and tools
• Must be comfortable with exploring large Nuke scripts to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Familiarity with working with AOVs and different passes within an EXR file
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Experience in a Linux-based operating system is highly desirable
• Knowledge of a 3D Animation Pipeline, including previous production experience on stereoscopic films
• Previous experience creating modular motion graphics content using After Effects
• Traditional art skills which demonstrate an eye for light, shadow, composition, and color
• Programming or scripting experience is a plus