Finance Leader / Controller III
Atlanta, GA US
This highly visible senior financial leadership position will be responsible for the Domestic Line of Business organization supporting the WarnerMedia News & Sports and WarnerMedia Corporate & Technology business segments. As a strategic business partner this role will serve as the primary point of contact for the segment finance executive leadership, providing support for significant accounting transactions, key business initiatives, new acquisitions, financial analysis, audit activities, and issue triage. The role also serves as the executive liaison between division finance leadership and the WarnerMedia financial shared services organization (Financial Business services, or "FBS"), and provides oversight for the preparation and review of the division's consolidated operating results and financial reporting packages. In addition, this role will oversee the WarnerMedia East Coast cash flow forecasting and reporting function and will provide WarnerMedia consolidated reporting and analysis support. This role reports directly to the SVP, Reporting & Decision Support Services (RDSS) within the FBS organization.
• Act as a single point of contact for the division CFO's on accounting, reporting and related matters. Oversee the liaison between the division finance teams and the ABS functional teams on complex and unusual accounting matters, and for issue escalation and resolution.
• Act as advisor to the division CFO's and finance teams in determining the financial impact of GAAP accounting treatment for non-routine transactions. Provide leadership and guidance to the CFO's and finance leadership when negotiating transactions to ensure awareness of the financial implications of potential deal structures.
• Lead the integration of new business opportunities and acquisitions in a scalable manner, and implement business initiatives in a timely fashion, influencing other FBS teams, and division teams, to deliver results.
• Co-ordinate quarter end compliance and sign off activities with the CFO's.
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
• Oversee all reporting functions responsible for producing timely, accurate, and GAAP compliant financial results for the segments, including consolidated reporting and variance analysis, and communication of actual to forecast results and accounting conclusions to finance leadership. Identify trends, significant transactions and financial performance as necessary to understand and communicate the full business unit financial statements to the senior finance leaders in the division.
• Facilitate close related activities between the division finance teams and the shared services teams in FBS. Ensure timely communication of accounting policy changes and their financial impact to finance executives. Ensure proper timing and application of revenue recognition and other accounting rules, specifically as relates to the co-ordination and access to information from finance or operational partners in support of technical accounting conclusions.
• Drive process improvement initiatives and take a leadership role in implementing process and reporting changes required by the organization.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Oversee the preparation, consolidation and submission of the WarnerMedia East Coast cash flow forecast and actuals reporting. Perform meaningful analysis to provide insights and enable cash and working capital management.
• Oversee the consolidation and submission of the division budgets, forecasts and supporting deliverables. Perform meaningful business analysis to provide leadership insights.
• Lead the preparation and ongoing development of various other recurring and adhoc reporting schedules at both the division level, and the consolidated WarnerMedia level. Propose changes to the reporting as appropriate to maintain the relevance of the information presented.
Leadership and Staff Development:
• Lead a team of approximately 15 finance and accounting professionals by setting the example and proactively fostering the mission and vision of the FBS organization.
• Develop and maintain an efficient, effective and diverse staff through selection, training, supervision, counseling and measuring the performance of direct reports and staff members.
• Create a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance. Develop, implement and communicate performance goals and objectives. Facilitate ongoing dialogue and performance reviews designed to provide measurable and timely feedback and implement corrective action as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA a plus.
• Active CPA or equivalent.
• Minimum of 15 years relevant work experience with at least 10 years demonstrated experience in a leadership/management position.
• Experience working in a shared services environment with outsourced financial functions.
• Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, accounting principles and concepts, financial analysis and reporting, including US GAAP and SOX experience.
• Diverse work experiences with cross functional teams.
• Strong technical computing skills.
• Proficient in all MS Office applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Significant understanding of, and proficiency in, technical accounting matters, cash flow forecasting and reporting, financial planning and analysis concepts, and management reporting. A solid understanding of internal control concepts.
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills; effective communicator at all levels of the organization; ability to influence others.
• High level of executive presence with strong problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact and diplomacy.
• Active communicator, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization and across multiple locations.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and decisions. Results oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high quality services.
• Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
• Change agent with strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site